RE: HD Safe Title?

	Martin wrote,
> 1- Safe Title/Action exists only to allow TV manufacturers to be sloppy.
>

> 3- Using currently available technology we have the ability to display
>     each and every pixel (plasma, TFT, LCD, DMD).

	Safe area's are only there to to allow CRT tv's slack in displaying
the extremities of the tube,
	agreed, they are much better now but the same errors apply.
	 99.9% of consumer tv's are still CRT based. We cant have a
different spec because 0.1% are
	capable of something different. If we need a change then a survey of
tv manufacturers is needed.

	Graham Collett

1061 subscribers in 41 countries on Mon Nov 22 05:17:20 CST 1999
subscribe/unsubscribe with that Subject: to telecine-request at alegria.com