[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
Re: HD Safe Title?
- To: "telecine user group" <telecine at alegria.com>
- Subject: Re: HD Safe Title?
- From: "Martin Euredjian" <martin at hollydig.com>
- Date: Thu, 18 Nov 1999 18:18:03 -0700
- Resent-Date: Fri, 19 Nov 1999 00:50:54 -0600
- Resent-From: telecine at alegria.com
- Resent-Message-ID: <"1nl6TC.A.lCD.8MPN4" at sun>
- Resent-Sender: telecine-request at alegria.com
- Resent-To: multiple recipients of <telecine at alegria.com>
>I say again, safe aperature (a handfull of pixels around the edge) to
>allow for processing is not the same as safe action and title.
Hmmm... let me reorganize my post to make it easier to understand:
1- Safe Title/Action exists only to allow TV manufacturers to be sloppy.
2- There are very few reasons for them to be sloppy these days.
3- Using currently available technology we have the ability to display
each and every pixel (plasma, TFT, LCD, DMD).
4- I proposed that they should work with the same "safe aperture"
specs we are forced to respect (due to digital signal processing
5- I further proposed that TV manufacturers should display the whole
image and give the viewer access to a programmable edge
That's it. I never said that safe-aperture and safe-action/title were the
same thing . . .
Anyhow, since this is usually decided by the lowest-common-denominator
and/or lowest-bidder, I fully expect to have everyone waste 19% of the image
for no good reason.
Thanks to Seamus O'Kane for support in 1999
No advertising/marketing allowed on the main TIG. Contact rob at alegria.com
anonymous messaging now at http://www.alegria.com/HyperNews/get/ubique.html
1058 subscribers in 41 countries on Fri Nov 19 00:50:37 CST 1999
subscribe/unsubscribe with that Subject: to telecine-request at alegria.com
complete information on the TIG website http://www.alegria.com/tig3/