Recent TIG history

Folks: I was trawling through my back issues of TIG mail, looking for
inspiration for survey questions, when I came across a missive
entitled "marketing help".

Dated less than two years ago (Jan 9th, 98), the e-mail ends with the
following statement:

"Can anyone tell me what you can do with real-time 2K data?  Can
anyone realistically justify the colossal hardware investment required
to handle such vast quantities of data per second in the commercial
environment of post production?"

I think this question was answered succinctly by Robert Lovejoy's 2K
installation posting the other day. People can, and will.......

Please reserve your better comments for survey fodder!

Mike

Thanks to Ken Robinson for support in 1999
1063 subscribers in 41 countries on Sat Oct 30 13:05:19 CDT 1999
subscribe/unsubscribe with that Subject: to telecine-request at alegria.com