Re: Incredible NR blur on Voyager (resend)

> Since all of the Start Trek Next Generation shows are shot on film, but
> posted electronically they must be standards converted to PAL for European
> distribution. I would suspect that part of the process is where the blur is
> being introduced.

I'm pretty sure Robert is in New Jersey. He's probably referring to
excessive noise reduction being used in the local broadcast chain or at his
cable provider, a phenomenon I've also noticed recently on KTTV and KCOP
here (via Media One) in L.A.

And, yes, it's really annoying. Especially when it's used on a show you work

Mike Most

---
Thanks to ITK for support in 1999
1058 subscribers in 41 countries on Thu Oct 21 12:55:58 CDT 1999
subscribe/unsubscribe with that Subject: to telecine-request at alegria.com