Pedantry as a way of life

At 9:24 AM -0700 10/20/99, bill topazio wrote:

>Also, I think K is degrees Kelvin....
>Hey, if we can't wax pedantic on the TIG, where can we?  We'd all
>have to go over to Mike-O's house!

Now look here, Topazio, if you're going to imply pedantry on my part,
I'm going to have to live up to the epithet.

Let me be the first, then, to point out that there is no such thing
as "degrees Kelvin". It's just "Kelvin".

Concerned TIG'rs need not fret. Such trite displays of exactitude
will not sully the TIG survey (much). I'm still open to suggestions
for questions as well. I've already received some good ones.

And yes, Bill, you of all people are most welcome at my house!

Mike (in terminological exactitude physicist mode) Orton

---
Thanks to ITK for support in 1999
1058 subscribers in 41 countries on Wed Oct 20 13:08:23 CDT 1999
subscribe/unsubscribe with that Subject: to telecine-request at alegria.com