Re: C-Reality in Chicago at i^3

At 4:44 PM -0500 10/19/99, icubed wrote:
>   We look at a CRT as not more
>expensive but it is a relatively cheap cost for real 2k and 4k.

Well, I dont want to get too much into this, but the C-Reality is not
yet capable of 4k, to my knowledge.

On the other hand, a compositor friend has mentioned seeing odd grain
artifacts at 2K from a Spirit xfer which he attributes to the 1920 ->
2048 upsampling. I'd  welcome more testing for this.

As I said before: we've gone from no *good* telecines to two or more
telecines which are better than I could ever (well, almost) have
imagined. You pay your money and you take your choice.

I hope all companies concerned "live long and prosper", the
competition serves us all.

As I also said before, INFORMED debate is a lovely thing. If you've
heard something, don't repeat it 5th hand. Please try to limit it to
you or your artists' experience. Otherwise we're no better than the
Internet rumor mill.

And yes, it looks like you'll get a chance to air your views on HD
via the survey (comment please, Rob?). I hope you'll be even more
frank and forthright knowing that confidentiality is assured.

Mike (the statistician) Orton

---
Thanks to ITK for support in 1999
1059 subscribers in 41 countries on Tue Oct 19 17:12:57 CDT 1999
subscribe/unsubscribe with that Subject: to telecine-request at alegria.com