at i^3

> There is no damage to any negative ever.  However having said that on
> 35mm the very outside edge on the left side is dusting a little bit.  It
> is a very minor amount and they are very close to a fix.  The clients
> negative is in no danger at all.

For interest, we have C-Reality at Rushes London and have always used a
proprietary 35mm gate I designed myself when we took delivery of the
machine. I was not happy with the very first gate design but those were
early days, Cintel went on to improve their gate also. We don't have this
problem.
Also, I saw a new gate at IBC from Cintel called "DATA" gate that looked
interesting. Are you using this at i^3? I haven't needed to try one yet. I
know 525 never complained of this problem with a standard gate so it maybe
was caused by film path tolerances.

I'm looking forward to Post Ware getting the data output finished, we really
could use this. Pleeeeeeease.

Also, great post Dennis, 100% agree with you.

regards

Paul

disclaimer: (Designer at First Art and Technical Director - Rushes London)

Survey = yes please!

---
Thanks to ITK for support in 1999
1060 subscribers in 41 countries on Tue Oct 19 15:00:50 CDT 1999
subscribe/unsubscribe with that Subject: to telecine-request at alegria.com