Reference systems

Is anyone else really bothered by the fact that putting together a full
SD/HDTV reference system requires 28 million little boxes talking to each
other?  Does anyone out there know of a better way?

As I understand things, today, if you want NTSC, PAL, 1080i/XX, 1080p/XX and
720p/XX you need 10 generators (if you want redundancy), five changeover
switches, a bunch of DA's and some sort of a reference router to feed
equipment that can run many different standards.  That's about a rack full
of stuff.

I'm also surprised that Tektronix doesn't have a darn thing to offer in this
department.  I've always like their stuff.

Comments?

As always:
my words, my opinions, not paid by any of the above, etc., etc., etc....

-Martin

---
Thanks to Bob Bajorek for support in 1999
1053 subscribers in 41 countries on Tue Oct  5 04:48:45 CDT 1999
subscribe/unsubscribe with that Subject: to telecine-request at alegria.com