Re: HD lookie-loos (was:the 3-perf thing)

The best number I've been able to find is that there are about
3600 HD receivers in use by consumers nation wide.  So, assuming
that the proportions in HD and NTSC are the same, all you have
to do is multiply your Nielsen rating by 36 to get the number of
HD sets that are tuned to your show.  ;-)

When that number grows up into economically significant territory,
we'll probably see the kind of hand-massaged compression that Mike
was talking about.  Commercials will probably be the first things
to get that deluxe treatment.  But for now, we're in the Korla
Pandit phase of HDTV.

-- J.S.

---
Thanks to VAS Group for support in 1999
1052 subscribers in 41 countries on Mon Oct  4 14:28:54 CDT 1999
subscribe/unsubscribe with that Subject: to telecine-request at alegria.com