Re: HD lookie-loos (was:the 3-perf thing)

At 10:59 AM -0700 10/2/99, Michael D. Most wrote:

>And my personal congratulations for being one of the 6 (or maybe 7) viewers
>in greater Los Angeles to actually see [sic] a hi def broadcast.

Actually, Mike, there's a HDTV tuner hooked up (until a couple days
ago) to a Panasonic monitor in Dennis Morton's office over here at
525. We've been watching HD broadcasts with some interest, until we
got too busy and had to put in a DaVinci 2K and a Spirit (with HD
outputs, of course).

I suspect there may be more people watching HD than we think, but
whether it matters yet is another thing entirely, rather like whether
or not split infinitives matter.

Mike O

P.S.
A free beer to anyone who gets the joke and e-mails me the first
correct response.

---
Thanks to VAS Group for support in 1999
1053 subscribers in 41 countries on Sat Oct  2 13:23:34 CDT 1999
subscribe/unsubscribe with that Subject: to telecine-request at alegria.com