Re: ...Broadcast in HDTV...News you would rather not hear.

Commercials always shoot
full aperture, because very few people are willing to take the risk, and
make a call that is irreversible, when their superior may not like it,
and be locked in with no room for adjustment.
We recently did dailies for a commercial shot by a big name 'A' list Cinematographer and very talented Director. The DP and Director composed and shot it with a 1.85 groundglass. They gave me a framing leader and asked for a black matte. We got a frantic call from the editor asking why we did that and not transferred full ap so they could adjust the framing if they needed to.

-- Ed Colman-SuperDailies
Cinematographer Supervised Dailies
www.superdailies.com