Re: ...Broadcast in HDTV...News you would rather not hear.

but who among us wants to tell the client
> that they need to shoot 1/3 more film than they need to just to be
> able to reframe vertically?

I don't know about sitcoms but a large proportion of commercials are
re-racked in telecine, if S35 is not on the negative it's considered
a mistake, even it's only academy they see in the viewfinder. S16 is
frustrating in this way, I could be wrong but I don't see commercials
going 3 perfs. With the advent of digital cinema I bet clients are
going to love the liberty to reframe in TK. 3 perfs makes sense but
you know how clients are, they hate making a decision.....

JC

---
Thanks to VAS Group for support in 1999
1057 subscribers in 41 countries on Fri Oct  1 18:41:06 CDT 1999
subscribe/unsubscribe with that Subject: to telecine-request at alegria.com