[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
Re: ...Broadcast in HDTV...News you would rather not hear.
- To: <telecine at alegria.com>
- Subject: Re: ...Broadcast in HDTV...News you would rather not hear.
- From: "Jean-Clement Soret" <jclement at globalnet.co.uk>
- Date: Fri, 1 Oct 1999 22:22:41 +0100
- Resent-Date: Fri, 1 Oct 1999 18:41:11 -0500
- Resent-From: telecine at alegria.com
- Resent-Message-ID: <"3TmoqC.A.I0D.RaU93" at sun>
- Resent-Sender: telecine-request at alegria.com
- Resent-To: multiple recipients of <telecine at alegria.com>
but who among us wants to tell the client
> that they need to shoot 1/3 more film than they need to just to be
> able to reframe vertically?
I don't know about sitcoms but a large proportion of commercials are
re-racked in telecine, if S35 is not on the negative it's considered
a mistake, even it's only academy they see in the viewfinder. S16 is
frustrating in this way, I could be wrong but I don't see commercials
going 3 perfs. With the advent of digital cinema I bet clients are
going to love the liberty to reframe in TK. 3 perfs makes sense but
you know how clients are, they hate making a decision.....
Thanks to VAS Group for support in 1999
No advertising/marketing allowed on the main TIG. Contact rob at alegria.com
anonymous messaging now at http://www.alegria.com/HyperNews/get/ubique.html
1057 subscribers in 41 countries on Fri Oct 1 18:41:06 CDT 1999
subscribe/unsubscribe with that Subject: to telecine-request at alegria.com
complete information on the TIG website http://www.alegria.com/tig3/