Re: Why are Cintel S16mm gates so "Rank"?

Dave,
You might try checking your HT.
We managed to get much better focus balance left to right by adjusting the
High tension slightly. For us, it was more prominant in 35mm.  Just be ready
to do a complete scan align on all gates, along with Scandal and Twiggy set
up.

Mike Farina
Matchframe Video
Burbank , CA.

>The side to side focus is awful. If the left side is screwed into best
>optical focus, the center and right are at less than 75% of best
>Continuing to rack the focus shows that the focal plane of the optical
>system is not aligned to the film plane. I am finding that if I put 0.020"
>of shim material under one side of the skid plate, I can get close to
>having the sides come into focus at the same time. That doesn't mean that
>the center is in best focus at the same time either side is focused. At
>best, I can get about 85% of peak focus at the center when the sides are
>focused and vice-versa.

---
Thanks to VAS Group for support in 1999
1055 subscribers in 41 countries on Mon Sep 27 22:48:24 CDT 1999
subscribe/unsubscribe with that Subject: to telecine-request at alegria.com