Re: HDTV down convert OOPS!

mikemost at mediaone.net writes:

<<
 > But anyway, since I asked everyone, perhaps someone has thoughts on
 > handling high quality HDTV downconversions having numerous 3/2 violations?
 > Any takers?

 Maybe not the answer you want to hear, but International Image in Santa
 Monica specializes in creating constant cadence masters from material that
 has random 3:2 patterns across cuts, >>

I had a client recently who had a two hour movie of the week done there, and
it took almost a week to process (it was a manual operation), and it still
wasn't goof proof.
Perhaps they have improved on that situation since, but beware...

Does anyone in town have a working, semi real-time cadence corrector up and
running (honestly) ?

DC
Burbank

---
Thanks to Kodak for support in 1999
1054 subscribers in 41 countries on Thu Sep  9 23:54:31 CDT 1999
subscribe/unsubscribe with that Subject: to telecine-request at alegria.com