[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
Re: HDTV down convert OOPS!
- To: telecine at alegria.com
- Subject: Re: HDTV down convert OOPS!
- From: DCFWTX at aol.com
- Date: Fri, 10 Sep 1999 00:53:45 EDT
- Resent-Date: Thu, 9 Sep 1999 23:54:36 -0500
- Resent-From: telecine at alegria.com
- Resent-Message-ID: <"YwoHWC.A.CEF.H8I23" at sun>
- Resent-Sender: telecine-request at alegria.com
- Resent-To: multiple recipients of <telecine at alegria.com>
In a message dated 9/9/99 9:44:53 PM Pacific Daylight Time,
mikemost at mediaone.net writes:
> But anyway, since I asked everyone, perhaps someone has thoughts on
> handling high quality HDTV downconversions having numerous 3/2 violations?
> Any takers?
Maybe not the answer you want to hear, but International Image in Santa
Monica specializes in creating constant cadence masters from material that
has random 3:2 patterns across cuts, >>
I had a client recently who had a two hour movie of the week done there, and
it took almost a week to process (it was a manual operation), and it still
wasn't goof proof.
Perhaps they have improved on that situation since, but beware...
Does anyone in town have a working, semi real-time cadence corrector up and
running (honestly) ?
Thanks to Kodak for support in 1999
No advertising/marketing allowed on the main TIG. Contact rob at alegria.com
anonymous messaging now at http://www.alegria.com/HyperNews/get/ubique.html
1054 subscribers in 41 countries on Thu Sep 9 23:54:31 CDT 1999
subscribe/unsubscribe with that Subject: to telecine-request at alegria.com
complete information on the TIG website http://www.alegria.com/tig3/