Re: HDTV down convert OOPS!

> But anyway , since I asked everyone, perhaps someone has thoughts on
> handling high quality HDTV downconversions having numerous 3/2 violations?
> Any takers?

Maybe not the answer you want to hear, but International Image in Santa
Monica specializes in creating constant cadence masters from material that
has random 3:2 patterns across cuts, as well as material that has no
pulldown at all (off-speed material, video originated material, etc.). I
don't know if they're working with hi def formats (I don't know which format
you're considering this for) yet, but I wouldn't be surprised. You can call
Curtis Staples there to find out.

Mike Most

---
Thanks to Kodak for support in 1999
1054 subscribers in 41 countries on Thu Sep  9 23:43:48 CDT 1999
subscribe/unsubscribe with that Subject: to telecine-request at alegria.com