Channel Blending

Martin Greenwood wrote:
> Inside this isolated area the following controls are available :-
  > Lift gamma and gain, saturation and luminance.
  > Blending one channel into another.

Martin greenwood's mention of Channel Blending is the first I have seen in a
"main stream" Color Corrector.

Is there anyone  currently using this technique to reduce noise in the blue
channel (or any other channel)? And if so are the results worth the work? I am
not familiar with the Photoshop type color correcters, and first time I saw
this technique was working with Avid on there new color Corrector for the
Symphony System. I had trouble evaluating it's performance because I lacked
some really grainy footage to look at. But,I think it holds some interesting
possibles.

Disclaimer: Yes I have taken money from Avid, but not to promote their
products.

regards;
Jim Mann

Freelance Colorist
570-424-7322

1062 subscribers in 41 countries on Sun Aug 29 21:00:36 CDT 1999
subscribe/unsubscribe with that Subject: to telecine-request at alegria.com