Re: Electronic Cinema

>If the whole argument is based strictly on technical specs-- we've lost our
>art.  I know that an IMAX theatre may be even a little more elaborate than a
>Video projection theatre, and it certainly ain't the Bijou down on Main...
>but its still the emulsion image... and unbeatable.

I agree for anything shown on a big screen, where the image form and
content tend to overwhelm the individual viewer

But the majority of the people on this list do the majority of their work
for the small screen at home, where the HiDef push is an expensive solution
in search of a problem.

Bob Kertesz
BlueScreen LLC

The Ultimate in ULTIMATTE® compositing.

1061 subscribers in 41 countries on Sun Aug 29 11:49:08 CDT 1999
subscribe/unsubscribe with that Subject: to telecine-request at alegria.com