Re: Digi_Cinema, more thoughts

Ron Martin wrote:

> I don't think I can go along with the statement that HDTV is not worth
> the price or trouble. We have the opportunity to break out of the 525
> (or 625) box we have been in for a long time.

Not only that but the HD box gets wider! In europe the current
progression is to 16x9 digital 625. Once you start producing in 16x9
it's very difficult to go back to that odd 4x3 shape. And all sports
look much better on 16x9!

Regards

Nigel

1057 subscribers in 41 countries on Wed Aug 25 06:00:08 CDT 1999
subscribe/unsubscribe with that Subject: to telecine-request at alegria.com