EDITEL--A Salute for the Lady!

Bob Festa wrote at the End of May regarding Editel-Hollywood:

"We started out together, the two of us. Sometimes the relationship was
stormy, but it was always highly rewarding. I was with her early in my
career, as well as a second later stint, and her imprints are on every
job
I do. We learned of Ranks IIIC's, dubners, and daVincis. We saw B, C,
and D
formats roll by together. We learned to do more with rubber bands and
paper
clips, because we had to."
.
"There were the golden years, when she was the temple of telecine. We
worked
with the best clients together, and there was always more business then
you
could handle. Research and development was a way of doing business.
Technology was
implemented from within, not off of the shelf. There were group
technical
meetings with her sisters who have long since passed away. People who
worked there were icons who shared their love of what they were doing
with
others. She really was the last of her kind. I imagine half of the
people on the list have worked at or have been touched by what was
Editel. We all were touched."

"I'll miss her dearly. I hope those with the means would throw a no host

wake for all of us who worked at any of the great Editel's around the
country. I think a tequila party is just what she'd want. Too bad
Emilio's
(edit 6) is closed also. That would have been a fitting spot for a good
bye."

With love, Bob

Yes, Bob seems to  have summed up the thoughts of many of us out here.
As Bob Belcher reminded me last summer this summer of 1999 is the 25th
anniversary of Editel Hollywood.  I think this is the longest post
production company with the same name in the same location but with many
owners in the nation.

Many of you asked for a party or a wake and Steve Behar and others have
put one together.  It is this MONDAY, July 26, 1999.  And it is in the
NEW EDIT 6 at the corner of Melrose and Highland Avenue. Details below.
Call your friends, enemies, clients and especially your friends and
co-workers .  Especially call those that worked at Editel Chicago and
New York that are now in the LA area.  Everyone is welcome.  Even if you
did not work at Editel come by and celebrate the end of something very
special to many of us.  Make this the Summer of 1999 Telecine Party.

Monday, July 26, 1999
L'angolo Ristorante, 6602 Melrose Ave.  (AKA - Edit 6)
6 PM to 10 PM
$10 Cover / No Host Bar

See everyone there - Regards, Bill Hogan

---
Thanks to Manny Cervantes for support in 1999
1051 subscribers in 41 countries on Sun Jul 25 22:43:33 CDT 1999
subscribe/unsubscribe with that Subject: to telecine-request at alegria.com