RE: TI/DLP projector screening at Burbank AMC14

Shhhh.. don't tell anyone, but I was told that scene of Qui-Gon taking blood
sample from Anakin was one of the few (2?) scenes shot originally with
digital camera NOT on film. "Yousa say some people gonna re-think shooting
digitally?"

I saw both digital projections last weekend in L.A. and also noticed some
scenes where highlights were blown out. Loss of detail in windows. Can't
blame the projection system for it. I think it's limitations of video from
telecine. Or, I should say, decisions made during color correction.

CB Gaines, colorist
Monaco Video, San Francisco
cbgaines at inreach.com

---
Thanks to Rich Torpey for support in 1999
1053 subscribers in 41 countries on Fri Jul 16 15:23:49 CDT 1999
subscribe/unsubscribe with that Subject: to telecine-request at alegria.com