Re: Information, Compression, and storage.

On Tue, 06 Jul 1999 09:27:26 +0000, you wrote:
>Just wondering what is happening to the nice friendly box I used to
>watch too much of as a child.

Its content in much of non-prime (day and night) time and in many
non-network feeds is being inundated by amateurs who were doing weddings
this time last year, shooting on three thousand dollar prosumer crap with
plastic optics and editing on five thousand dollar NLE systems, delivering
the final product with many generations of compression on toy tape formats.

Better get used to it; the people buying content (and even some of those
producing network wraparounds, as you saw) love it because its cheap cheap
cheap.

I'm trying not to be bitter. How am I doing so far?

--Bob

Bob Kertesz
BlueScreen LLC

The Ultimate in ULTIMATTE® compositing.

Thanks to Rich Torpey for support in 1999
1045 subscribers in 41 countries on Tue Jul  6 10:47:58 CDT 1999
subscribe/unsubscribe with that Subject: to telecine-request at alegria.com