Re: Dailies

> In episodic TV, we never touch the negative again.  The images that go
> on the air are online assembled from the digital betacam dailies.

I would amend that, however, to read "we at Paramount" instead of "we."
Other studios do indeed assemble the negatives, some even for the air
master. NYPD Blue, ER, and Law and Order come to mind as shows that never do
a video assembly, but assemble and transfer the film instead (an IP in the
case of L & O). Warner Bros, as a matter of general policy, assembles
negative on all dramas, whether it's in time for air or not. Paramount and
Sony, and to a certain degree Fox, fall into the category John has
mentioned.

Mike Most

---
Thanks to Rich Torpey for support in 1999
1043 subscribers in 41 countries on Fri Jul  2 15:33:43 CDT 1999
subscribe/unsubscribe with that Subject: to telecine-request at alegria.com