Interpos

The advantage of transferring IPs versus negative primarily is the grain
is
 now in the low lights vs the high lights. Like Chris Bacon also
commented
 IPs do not have as steep of a contrast as a print so it will give you
more
 flexiability in the contrast , but not as much if you where
transferring
 from the neg. I have also heard other colorist comment that it looks
much
 richer than coming from the negative. I guess this would be true
because you
 are dealing with a higher contrast in the IP and we find rich blacks
very
 pleasing.

John Palmisano

Manhattan Transfer Miami.

---
Thanks to Don Ver Ploeg for support in 1999
1040 subscribers in 41 countries on Thu Jun 24 15:16:30 CDT 1999
subscribe/unsubscribe with that Subject: to telecine-request at alegria.com