Re: DIVX

> Heard a news announcement on a local radio station that the plug was pulled
> on DIVX yesterday due to lack of interest from consumers and trouble
> negotiating deals with studios.  They didn't say what this means for those
> who bought into the technology, but I'd guess that the disks and players
> will be collectors' items someday!

Yes, it's true. Digital Video Express is ceasing operation.  Check
today's NY Times Circuits section (www.nytimes.com) for the
article. They are giving $100 rebates to consumers who bought
DIVX Enhanced DVD's before June 16, 1998.

Alan
Alan B. Rosenfeld
General Manager
SMA Video
100 Avenue of the Americas
10th Floor
New York, NY 10013
Voice: 212.226.7474
Fax: 212.941.0439
www.smavid.com

---
Thanks to Cinesite for support in 1999
1041 subscribers in 41 countries on Thu Jun 17 09:25:36 CDT 1999
subscribe/unsubscribe with that Subject: to telecine-request at alegria.com