HDTV Film Recorder- Delete if not interested

I was asked the following question today from the US

"HD based film recorder - see the need for one?  Pro/con?"

I gave my answer but thought it would be a good idea to post it here so they
could get a more wider spread answer from part of the industry without them
having to expose themselves.

Please can anyone involved or familiar with film recorders give their view
and I will forward the mails on. If you don't feel it appropriate for the
TIG or are worried about being flamed then post it directly to me or ignore
this email.
Your chance to influence products for our industry.

kind wishes

Paul Grace

---
Thanks to Crawford Communications for support in 1999
1044 subscribers in 41 countries on Sat Jun 12 06:02:54 CDT 1999
subscribe/unsubscribe with that Subject: to telecine-request at alegria.com