Re: rebuttals et al

The "kinder gentler" Cintel dissappeared when the rumors of competition
began to surface.
Now that the rumors have become solid concerning ITK and the production
of a new telecine..
the Cintel Ax has fallen... with their usual "tough *$%^&" to the users;
this happening in spite of the fact that ITK add-on's have been standard
equipment in ursa's of the past.

There are several post production facilities in the Los Angeles area who
are being denied support by Cintel right now because of the presence of
ITK add-on's. With the demise of Meta-Speed support engineering the only
recourse that a facility has is Cintel. Woe be to the facility that adds
anything ITK on top of a Meta-Speed that has problems.

This is not a new tactic on Cintel's part. It seems like every
manufacturer of add-on's pisses them off at one time or a another. And I
expect that pressure from the users will cause them to back down on this
unrealistic stance.

D. Chapman
ps The emperor is naked.

On 6/11/99 3:50 PM you wrote:

>Of course, one might wonder what became of the "kinder and gentler" Cintel
>we heard about a year or so ago in this very forum--the Cintel that was

There is great enlightenment where there has been great wonder.

Muso Kokushi

---
Thanks to Crawford Communications for support in 1999
1046 subscribers in 41 countries on Fri Jun 11 15:10:49 CDT 1999
subscribe/unsubscribe with that Subject: to telecine-request at alegria.com