Re: Electrum

I think, we as manufacturers should stick to the rules set by Rob for the TIG.
If we behave in this way we will have a lot of exceptions from now on.

Winfried Deckelmann
General Manager
Philips Film Imaging Products

Adam Welsh <AdamWelsh at compuserve.com> on 11.06.99 12:05:19
To: TIG <telecine at alegria.com>  at  SMTP
cc:
Subject: [TIG] Electrum
Classification: Restricted

In all of the furore over Dave Corbitt's posting about URSA Electrum - and
now Ralph Edwards leaping to his colleague's defence -  the one thing that
seems to be missing is any discussion of the facts over the new telecine.
As Rob's rules about marketing-speak seem to have been temporarily
abandoned, let me set out our case...

...And finally, can I add a personal wish that - once Philips and Sony have
claimed their equal access, too - we take the TIG back to where it was.
Manufacturers should not shrink from commenting factually on topics raised
by the forum, but it must be driven by comments and questions from the
colorists and engineers who rely on all of our products.  Frankly, no-one
wants to see a pissing contest between manufacturers.

Sincerely

Adam Welsh
Senior Sales Manager
Cintel International Ltd

---
Thanks to Crawford Communications for support in 1999
1044 subscribers in 41 countries on Fri Jun 11 05:10:40 CDT 1999
subscribe/unsubscribe with that Subject: to telecine-request at alegria.com

Thanks to Crawford Communications for support in 1999
1045 subscribers in 41 countries on Fri Jun 11 08:55:38 CDT 1999
subscribe/unsubscribe with that Subject: to telecine-request at alegria.com