Re: Editel/NY and all the other firsts

Kt2733 at aol.com wrote:
"Thanks Jim, I was wondering when someone would bring up Vid.
Interesting part is, that it was essentially done by the same people."

Please note that NOBODY started Vidtronics that had anything to do with
Editel.  In the later years there was some that came from Editel to work
there.  Vidtronics was started in 1967-68 time frame.  Editel not
started till 8 years later by a totally different group.

The founders of Vidtronics was head by Joe Bluth.  The other three
co-founders were Carl Hanselman, Engineering; Oscar Wilson, Operations
and Bob Ringer, Video back to Film.
Yes, Vidtronics was considered the leader and the first major facility
on the West Coast.  They were to the West Coast what Reeves and
Teletronics were to the East.
Jim and I know first hand as we were there nearly 30 years ago.  When we
both 12 years old.

Best Regards, Bill Hogan

PS.  to Kt2733 at aol.com please sign your name and affiliation as everyone
would like to know who is posting.  We are a large group of friends
here.
Thanks

---
Thanks to Crawford Communications for support in 1999
1048 subscribers in 41 countries on Mon Jun  7 03:35:49 CDT 1999
subscribe/unsubscribe with that Subject: to telecine-request at alegria.com