[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
Re: Cintel Electrum
- To: telecine at alegria.com
- Subject: Re: Cintel Electrum
- From: "Paul Grace" <paul at firstart.co.uk>
- Date: Sat, 05 Jun 1999 12:50:33 +0100
- Resent-Date: Sat, 5 Jun 1999 06:51:42 -0500
- Resent-From: telecine at alegria.com
- Resent-Message-ID: <"SvJL1.A.1aE.J9QW3" at sun>
- Resent-Sender: telecine-request at alegria.com
- Resent-To: multiple recipients of <telecine at alegria.com>
> Have anyone tested the Cintel Electrum? We are looking for a reasonable 625
The Electrum is based on an Ursa Diamond but without the ITK stuff.
The best way to compare it is to a more modern Ursa Gold.
Not having the ITK stuff means that it is 100% supported by Cintel.
Lot's of people are using Gold's to create wonderful work at 625/525
Great thing about starting with an Electrum is the possibility of trading up
to a C-Reality later if your market/needs/budget allow.
Decide carefully on your needs for the next 5 years discuss this with
whoever you decide to purchase a telecine from, telecine's are expensive and
have to have a long useful life.
The best way is to test one at the factory with your own film and see for
yourself. Compare the results to other makes of telecine in a similar price
range. Try not to be influenced by salesmen, seeing is believing.
Thanks to Tektronix for support in 1999
No advertising/marketing allowed on the main TIG. Contact rob at alegria.com
anonymous messaging now at http://www.alegria.com/HyperNews/get/ubique.html
1047 subscribers in 41 countries on Sat Jun 5 06:51:37 CDT 1999
subscribe/unsubscribe with that Subject: to telecine-request at alegria.com
complete information on the TIG website http://www.alegria.com/tig3/