7274 film stock coincidence

> Then we saw similar marks on another client's film - batch 7274-146-5701.
> Just a coincidence? I'd like to know if anyone else has experienced this
> phenomenon. Thanks.

Yes, it happens, more often with 79.  These new stocks are very sensitive and
bruise easily.  They are also more UV sensitive (an easy fix).  Sometimes lab
rollers will bruise them (or a careless AC or a bad mag).  I know people who
shoot millions of feet of Kodak Vision and have never had a problem, but it can
happen.  It often appears as random blue flashes, sometimes yellow
streaks/smudges, sometimes weird sqiggly lines.

-Anders Uhl

---
Thanks to Tektronix for support in 1999
1044 subscribers in 41 countries on Thu Jun  3 13:13:43 CDT 1999
subscribe/unsubscribe with that Subject: to telecine-request at alegria.com