Re: Going the Other Way

John Sprung wrote:

> These are actually some questions about going from tape back
> to film, but I figure the folks on this list would know:
>
> 1.  Who are the players in L.A.?  I know about E-Film and Sony,
> but are there others I should check out?  Anybody tooling up
> to do this?  Anybody buying the Arri machine?  (Disclaimer:
> no connection with Arri).  In particular, I'm interested in
> going from 1080p/24 to film.
>
> 2.  How is color correction handled in doing this?  Do you
> do a special tape to tape for going to film pass?  Are there
> dynamic range issues?  Noise issues?

Not sure about 1080p/24 but our LA office certainly has all the bits to
do this, here in the UK we offer it as a service for 625/525 lines. Have
a look at http://www.cinesite.com/what_we_do/index.html and click on
"Contacts".

As to point 2, that all depends on your software, we certainly make some
recomendations to our clients here - especially about grain/noise at
1080 this should be less of an issue though.

Kevin

--
| Kevin Wheatley             | These are the opinions of nobody   |
| Technical Services Manager | and are not shared by my employers |

---
Thanks to Philips for support in 1999
1045 subscribers in 41 countries on Mon May 24 03:52:49 CDT 1999
subscribe/unsubscribe with that Subject: to telecine-request at alegria.com