Going the Other Way

These are actually some questions about going from tape back
to film, but I figure the folks on this list would know:

1.  Who are the players in L.A.?  I know about E-Film and Sony,
but are there others I should check out?  Anybody tooling up
to do this?  Anybody buying the Arri machine?  (Disclaimer:
no connection with Arri).  In particular, I'm interested in
going from 1080p/24 to film.

2.  How is color correction handled in doing this?  Do you
do a special tape to tape for going to film pass?  Are there
dynamic range issues?  Noise issues?

Thanks --

-- J.S.

---
Thanks to Philips for support in 1999
1044 subscribers in 41 countries on Wed May 19 16:48:32 CDT 1999
subscribe/unsubscribe with that Subject: to telecine-request at alegria.com