Re: Transferring really old film...

Christopher writes:

> Originally, movie projectors were hand cranked as well, and projectionists
> were taught to speed up or slow down to match the action--but in any case
> keep pace with the musician(s) up front!  (Generally, they had to rehearse
> show a few times to get it right).

Sounds like one of my first Telecine Jobs in Holland.  "Live" Telecine was
the concept.  The medium was dupe-dupe-dupe 16 reversal with 16 mag for a
childeren program in the morning.  The telecine: only 3 joysticks....  I
remember the rehearsing part... I wrote down the footage and the position of
the joysticks....  rehearsal was not a bad idea..... at least I knew what to
expect....

That's a long time ago......

tarcis

---
Thanks to Cintel for support in 1999
1037 subscribers in 41 countries on Fri May 14 12:44:15 CDT 1999
subscribe/unsubscribe with that Subject: to telecine-request at alegria.com