Re: Elec-tonic Cinema

On 1999-05-13 at 10:28, Paul Grace (paul at firstart.co.uk) wrote:

> Does anyone have any figures on how much of total air time in a 24hr period
> is from film? Both UK and US.

There are some features that I cannot conceive of being shot on anything
but film-  "Central Station", the recent Brasilian film, comes to
mind.  Can one make the analogy that video capture is to
electronically-generated music what film-generated images are to
acoustic music?  At the post-production stage the media merge, but
nuance, feeling, dynamics, timbre, and so many other intangibles
contribute to a natural sound (or film).

--Rob

Thanks to Cintel for support in 1999
1037 subscribers in 41 countries on Thu May 13 22:48:23 CDT 1999
subscribe/unsubscribe with that Subject: to telecine-request at alegria.com