Re: Electonic cinema

Phil Voss wrote:

>Electronic display of films in theaters is probably inevitable, but as a
>image capturing medium,
>film seems to have an uncanny ability to survive in a business where
>technology changes faster than
>the weather.

Indeed, that's a major reason why film survives.  I don't want to trust
the preservation of all the work and money that goes into a show to a
recording system that might not be available to play it back in a few
years.  Remember D-2?

-- J.S.

---
Thanks to Options International for support in 1999
1019 subscribers in 41 countries on Mon May 10 10:59:15 CDT 1999
subscribe/unsubscribe with that Subject: to telecine-request at alegria.com