Re: Electronic Cinema

Although I have seen George Lucas' name mentioned several times in this
thread, I have not heard mention of what seems to be pretty much common
knowledge in studio circles: Mr. Lucas is UNBELIEVABLY tight with a dollar.

It is not unheard of that major video equipment manufacturers will donate
turnkey packages of new technology equipment for high-profile projects, and
anything Mr. Lucas does certainly qualifies.

It is therefore possible that his turn towards electronic cinematography is
driven as much by cost as by quality and content.

Just a thought to stir the pot.

--Bob

Bob Kertesz
BlueScreen LLC

The Ultimate in ULTIMATTE compositing.

Thanks to DAV and Dave Walker for support in 1999
1020 subscribers in 41 countries on Fri May  7 11:21:15 CDT 1999
subscribe/unsubscribe with that Subject: to telecine-request at alegria.com