Re: Electronic Cinema

-----Ursprüngliche Nachricht-----
Rod Sommerich wrote:

>I dont know about others but I am constantly irritated by a stuttered
motion in
>what should be smoth pans in cinema.  I can only attribute this to
electronic
>enhancement in the post phase of production.  In particular You've got mail
had
>a severe problem when I saw it at the cinema.  I could not understand why
this
>happened, any comments.

It´s funny, but that is exactly the comment I made to my wife when we saw
the film about 2 months ago. I thought at the time it was because the aspect
ratio, making the screen so wide, tended to make the pan judder more
visible, especially when a darker object in the forground is contrasted with
the background.

Phil Budden

---
Thanks to DAV and Dave Walker for support in 1999
1020 subscribers in 41 countries on Fri May  7 02:59:45 CDT 1999
subscribe/unsubscribe with that Subject: to telecine-request at alegria.com