Re: Electronic Cinema

On 1999-05-04 at 17:15, Christopher Bacon (KA2IQB at worldnet.att.net) wrote:

> CCDs are still electronic devices made of silicon, and therefore still
> subject to noise, artifacts, crosstalk, and limited color and contrast
> range compared to film.

I run across the blanket logic that calls for 'video replacing film'
more often these days, and it seems that the exponents are unaware of
the difference in quality of the capture medium.

Thanks to DAV and Dave Walker for support in 1999
1018 subscribers in 41 countries on Tue May  4 17:09:40 CDT 1999
subscribe/unsubscribe with that Subject: to telecine-request at alegria.com