Re: DaVinci Renaissance 8:8:8 question.

>Does anybody know of a way to "lock" the kilo-vector Hilite function
>so that is doesn't turn off once the telecine is put into play?
>
>... allowing me to transfer film B&W except with the kilo-vector
>in color?

Why would you want to do it this way?  Hilite was never designed to be used
this way, the transitions from kilovector to no-kilovector are very harsh.
It's only a selection tool.

The way I would do it would be to take out all color via Davinci primary
saturation and then reveal what you want using a kilovector.  This is much
cleaner and gives you a lot more control.  In fact, you can use as many
kilovectors as you want.  Also, true black and white is NOT a color video
image that has had it's saturation set to zero.  Black and white film "sees"
and renders colors in a different way.

Maybe there's something specific to your project that I am missing and the
above doesn't apply.

//  Insert standard disclaimer here

-Martin Euredjian
Telecine Engineer
Todd AO / Hollywood Digital
martin at hollydig.com
martinfx at msn.com

---
NAB telecine product focus at
http://www.alegria.com/tig3/TIGNABFS99.txt

Thanks to DAV and Dave Walker for support in 1999
1029 subscribers in 41 countries on Sat May  1 03:22:18 CDT 1999
subscribe/unsubscribe with that Subject: to telecine-request at alegria.com