Two perf 35

We have before us an inquiry into the viability of a project that the
producers wish to shoot on 2-perf 35mm.  They feel that they could realize a
feature production with 35mm performance on a 16mm budget.  At first blush I
am skeptical, for a number of reasons.  First, what are the back-end costs
of printing this format if they go to release, and second, what are the
ramifications of dailying this breed of negative?
Has anyone else encountered this approach?  I'd be grateful if anyone has
some insights on the subject, especially with regard to the details of
aspect ratio, CRT wear and tear, and keycode issues.

I'm pretty sure this is not your usual poisson d'avril, cause its way past
the Best Before date.

Joe Owens
Colourist
Studio Post
Edmonton
780-436-4444

---
quick NAB telecine product focus at
http://www.alegria.com/tig3/TIGNABFS99.txt

Thanks to John Abt of AJA Video Systems for support in 1999
1020 subscribers in 41 countries on Fri Apr  9 22:40:30 CDT 1999
subscribe/unsubscribe with that Subject: to telecine-request at alegria.com