Hidef and 525/625 monitor color matching

I am now starting to work on cleaning up some monitoring issues, which have
brought up some questions that I hope the group can shed some light on.  The
monitors in question are the Sony HD2830 (older analog) and the new Sony
(which is about the same size as a BVM20) versus a BVM20.
1.  How close do colors track between high def and regular monitors?
2.  Are there colors that will look different, no matter what?
3.  Should I be able to use a Philips to color match both and have them track
in both luminance and chroma?
4.  Any other things I'm not aware of?

Michael Brebes
Telecine Engineer
The Post Group

---
quick NAB telecine product focus at
http://www.alegria.com/tig3/TIGNABFS99.txt

Thanks to Rich Lyons of Preferred Video Products for support in 1999
1023 subscribers in 41 countries on Wed Apr  7 11:05:58 CDT 1999
subscribe/unsubscribe with that Subject: to telecine-request at alegria.com