Re: New Sony 24sF format

On 1999-04-07 at 08:35, Michael D. Most (mmost at encorevideo.com) wrote:

> Not really. If the laws of economics did apply, HD wouldn't exist at all.
> There is no, repeat no, logical economic model for its adoption. Nor is
> there any significant benefit to society at large.

could one not have made the same argument at the advent of stereo FM in
the 1950's, and was that technology not eventually embraced and extended?

> The moment I see some logical financial model for
> any of this, I'll retract these statements.

But are financial considerations always determining factors?
Sometimes the research and development leading to advancement of
science and art must bear costs that are recovered in the future, or
even recovered in ways other than direct profit.

Rob Lingelbach
FWC Dallas

quick NAB telecine product focus at
http://www.alegria.com/tig3/TIGNABFS99.txt

Thanks to Rich Lyons of Preferred Video Products for support in 1999
1023 subscribers in 41 countries on Wed Apr  7 11:02:32 CDT 1999
subscribe/unsubscribe with that Subject: to telecine-request at alegria.com