Re: New Sony 24sF format

>> The purpose is to get 24p capability to the market a lot quicker,
>>which is a good thing.
>
> Why?  Why not wait and do it right?

Now that I think about it, let me amend that. It's a good thing for Sony,
which is on a mission to convince everyone that there's an actual reason to
adopt high def. 24 FPS electronic post has been something we've been after
for a long time, as it eliminates a lot of conversion problems. Of course,
if you read Avid's latest press release, it's obvious that there are much
more affordable ways to get to 24 FPS electronic post than moving to high
def.

Mike Most

---
quick NAB telecine product focus at
http://www.alegria.com/tig3/TIGNABFS99.txt

Thanks to Rich Lyons of Preferred Video Products for support in 1999
1022 subscribers in 41 countries on Tue Apr  6 21:27:22 CDT 1999
subscribe/unsubscribe with that Subject: to telecine-request at alegria.com