Re: Re: Source for Sony SBX1602A Serial to Parallel chip??

>What sorts of brands are y'all experiencing failures in?

I've personally experienced failures in ALPHA (S3xx D-A gear),
ACCOM (D-A gear), PRAGER (601-NTSC encoders).  Well, that's all
that I've seen this year so far.  I would say in my "lifetime" I
have had to replace about a dozen or so chips in various equipment.

They were all "A" chips, and I think they all were SONY manufacture.

"Trust the computer industry to shorten "Year 2000" to Y2K. It was
this kind of thinking that caused the problem in the first place."
Bill Topazio, VP/Engineering     bt at mte.com     v:212-907-1225
Manhattan Transfer               New York, NY   f:212-687-2719

1015 subscribers in 41 countries on Mon Mar 29 12:08:27 CST 1999
subscribe/unsubscribe with that Subject: to telecine-request at alegria.com