Re: Source for Sony SBX1602A Serial to Parallel chip??

Agreed.  But words to Sony at this level fall on deaf ears, it seems.
It's one thing to compalin to the factory building DVTRS, but quite
another complaining to the foundry making chips for ALL manufacturesr.
In the end, I think the end user has no leverage; it is up to the
equipment manufacturers.  It is sad that most manufacturers recongnize
Sony's deficiency but choose to bypass the problem by going with Thomson.
Says something about Sony's bottom-to-top involvement in our best interests.

On Thu, 25 Mar 1999 23:14:39 +0000 (GMT)  bob at bluescreen.com wrote:
>As a follow up to those who may be interested:
>
>Several people wrote and advised that I try the Thompson STV-1602A as a
>potentially more robust substitute for the Sony SBX1602A.
>
>As an aside, I was quite surprised by the number of people (at least half a
>dozen) who wrote to say that the Sony part failed in their plants on a
>regular basis ("by the fistful around here" is how one person put it).
>
>This is pathetic for a reasonably expensive industry standard part. Someone
>should really hold Sony's feet to the fire over this.

"Trust the computer industry to shorten "Year 2000" to Y2K. It was
this kind of thinking that caused the problem in the first place."
Bill Topazio, VP/Engineering     bt at mte.com     v:212-907-1225
Manhattan Transfer               New York, NY   f:212-687-2719

1015 subscribers in 41 countries on Thu Mar 25 18:11:42 CST 1999
subscribe/unsubscribe with that Subject: to telecine-request at alegria.com