[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
HD film finish?
- To: telecine internet group <telecine at alegria.com>
- Subject: HD film finish?
- From: Rob Lingelbach <rob at alegria.com>
- Date: Wed, 24 Mar 1999 23:22:27 -0600
- Mail-Followup-To: telecine internet group <telecine at alegria.com>
- Resent-Date: Wed, 24 Mar 1999 23:22:41 -0600
- Resent-From: telecine at alegria.com
- Resent-Message-ID: <"wByLh.A.0RF.Ygc-2" at sun>
- Resent-Sender: telecine-request at alegria.com
- Resent-To: multiple recipients of <telecine at alegria.com>
A client of mine has just shot a project in 35mm that is bound for
35mm theatrical projection.
The client is looking for some advice on the best way to finish the
project... options as we see them are:
1 Transfer dailies edit electronically, match negative back to the EDL
and print positive from the negative.
2 Transfer dailies, edit and finish electronically then take finished
video master and xfer back to 35mm film.
The goal is to achieve the highest quality 35mm projection; he's
thinking that perhaps he could xfer the film to an HD format, finish
on Hi Def and then transfer the HD master back to 35mm film.
Any constructive comments appreciated, including specific suggestions on
Rob Lingelbach "I would give nothing for that man's religion
rob at alegria.com whose very dog and cat are not the better for it."
http://www.alegria.com --Abraham Lincoln
Thanks to Complete Post for support in 1999
No advertising/marketing allowed on the main TIG. Contact rob at alegria.com
anonymous messaging now at http://www.alegria.com/HyperNews/get/ubique.html
1014 subscribers in 41 countries on Wed Mar 24 23:22:33 CST 1999
subscribe/unsubscribe with that Subject: to telecine-request at alegria.com
complete information on the TIG website http://www.alegria.com/tig3/