Re: Film wars

Rob Lingelbach wrote:
> > know if cinema chains plan to throw away their projectors and buy
> > digital display devices

What about all the cinemas around the world and in underdevelopd
nations that won't be changing over anytime soon?

> this is the part that's surprising to me, as most people feel there's
> still a significant difference in the look of the capture medium, film
> vs. video.

It could be related to issue that the phantom menace is basically
an animated feature with some live action thrown in.
Maybe George has something against grain.

Maybe there's something about Gate sway, weave, and grain
that we'll miss when digital projectors take over.
a hypnotic effect?

Deanan

--

Deanan DaSilva
delusion at delusion.com
888-263-0355

---
Thanks to Gary Wessenberger of Tube Enhancement for support in 1999
1022 subscribers in 41 countries on Wed Mar 17 12:48:25 CST 1999
subscribe/unsubscribe with that Subject: to telecine-request at alegria.com