Re: Film wars

On 1999-03-17 at 12:24, Asa Shoul (asa.shoul at framestore.co.uk) wrote:

> know if cinema chains plan to throw away their projectors and buy
> digital display devices

My understanding from Bill Hogan's posting of the HDTV Guide's
release on Electronic Cinema Projection
(http://www.alegria.com/telecine/mhonarc/1999/msg00327.html) is that
DLP projector technology is coming to theatres.  See as well
http://www.nytimes.com/library/tech/99/02/biztech/articles/22film.html
--an article in the New York Times summarizing the technology and its
future.

> Also one would just like to ask why he wants to go the Digital
> camera route;

this is the part that's surprising to me, as most people feel there's
still a significant difference in the look of the capture medium, film
vs. video.

--Rob

Thanks to Gary Wessenberger of Tube Enhancement for support in 1999
1024 subscribers in 41 countries on Wed Mar 17 07:59:39 CST 1999
subscribe/unsubscribe with that Subject: to telecine-request at alegria.com