Re: Dirt / Dust

On Mon, 08 Mar 1999 17:39:48 -0800, you wrote:
>Perhaps the producers of
>Pleasantville were removing filmic artifacts that were pre-develop in
>nature. Do you remember if the source footage was B&W??? Thats a whole
>'nother discussion.

The original footage in Pleasantville was color. I attended a screening
where the two guys primarily responsible for overseeing the effects gave a
talk after the show, and they said they couldn't find a sufficient amount
of B&W stock that exposed reliably and consistently to make it work.

--Bob

Bob Kertesz
BlueScreen LLC

The Ultimate in ULTIMATTE compositing.

1020 subscribers in 41 countries on Mon Mar  8 21:03:45 CST 1999
subscribe/unsubscribe with that Subject: to telecine-request at alegria.com