Re: Re: Exchange problem (Microsoft Bashing)

Soapbox mode on.

bob at bluescreen.com wrote:

> Why don't you try this: call any of the above mentioned companies, and try
> to order a machine from them without any Microsoft software. Just tell them
> you don't want any flavor of Windows installed on the machine, and you'd
> like a corresponding reduction in the price of the package.

Actually, I did just that a month or so ago for a client who is running Linux.
Compaq had no problem selling me the desired machines without any windows on
them.
Granted the price reduction was a whopping 28 bucks, but it was not a problem
nonetheless.

> If you went to buy a new car next week, and were told by every dealer of
> every manufacturer that no matter which car you bought you could only get
> it with Goodyear tires, a

Have you tried to buy a car with other than the OEM tires?  Ain't gonna
happen!
On sure, the dealer might take them off for you and put something else on, but
you aren't
going to get a refund for what came on the vehicle.  But a Ford, get
Firestone:
that's the deal, and if you want Michelin you'll have to pay for them and
have them installed yourself. And no, Ford is not going to support them.

Of course, you could always run Mac OS...

Soapbox mode off.  We now return you to the Dean Gibson portion of your
program.

Tom

---
Thanks to Robin Castle for support in 1999.
1034 subscribers in 41 countries on Thu Feb 18 20:23:43 CST 1999
subscribe/unsubscribe with that Subject: to telecine-request at alegria.com