[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
Re: Re: Exchange problem (Microsoft Bashing)
- To: TIG <telecine at alegria.com>
- Subject: Re: Re: Exchange problem (Microsoft Bashing)
- From: Tom Tcimpidis <tgt at akamail.com>
- Date: Thu, 18 Feb 1999 18:21:28 -0800
- Organization: TGT Technologies / The MOG-UR'S EMS http://www.tgt.org
- References: <01BE5B26.CC13FF20.jiml at timelogic.com> <36d6b884.95823256 at mail.pacbell.net>
- Resent-Date: Thu, 18 Feb 1999 20:24:38 -0600
- Resent-From: telecine at alegria.com
- Resent-Message-ID: <"WxgR6D.A.uKF.1sMz2" at sun>
- Resent-Sender: telecine-request at alegria.com
- Resent-To: multiple recipients of <telecine at alegria.com>
Soapbox mode on.
bob at bluescreen.com wrote:
> Why don't you try this: call any of the above mentioned companies, and try
> to order a machine from them without any Microsoft software. Just tell them
> you don't want any flavor of Windows installed on the machine, and you'd
> like a corresponding reduction in the price of the package.
Actually, I did just that a month or so ago for a client who is running Linux.
Compaq had no problem selling me the desired machines without any windows on
Granted the price reduction was a whopping 28 bucks, but it was not a problem
> If you went to buy a new car next week, and were told by every dealer of
> every manufacturer that no matter which car you bought you could only get
> it with Goodyear tires, a
Have you tried to buy a car with other than the OEM tires? Ain't gonna
On sure, the dealer might take them off for you and put something else on, but
going to get a refund for what came on the vehicle. But a Ford, get
that's the deal, and if you want Michelin you'll have to pay for them and
have them installed yourself. And no, Ford is not going to support them.
Of course, you could always run Mac OS...
Soapbox mode off. We now return you to the Dean Gibson portion of your
Thanks to Robin Castle for support in 1999.
No advertising/marketing allowed on the main TIG. Contact rob at alegria.com
anonymous messaging now at http://www.alegria.com/HyperNews/get/ubique.html
1034 subscribers in 41 countries on Thu Feb 18 20:23:43 CST 1999
subscribe/unsubscribe with that Subject: to telecine-request at alegria.com
complete information on the TIG website http://www.alegria.com/tig3/